Pooran Poli is a traditional Maharashtrian sweet. It is very tasty, easy to cook and stays fresh for 2-3 days. The perfect preparation of puran poli is considered a highly-skilled task. Its unique flavour and characteristic aroma can be attributed to the special indian spices used.
बनवा पूरण पोली , खाली दिलेल्या पद्धतीने. तुम्हाला दिलेली लिस्ट च वापर बनवा पूरण पोली बनवण्या करीता करा अणि सम्पूर्ण परीवाराला खायला दया पौष्टिक अणि चविस्ट बनवा पूरण पोली .
- Wash the chana daal and cook with a little or just enough water.
- Drain out the extra water.
- Add sugar or jaggery to the cooked daal and cook on low heat until the mixture becomes thick.
- Remove from heat and pass it through a sieve while still hot.
- Add grated nutmeg and cardamom powder.
- Stir well and remove from heat and keep aside to cool.
- Mix the wheat flour, flour, oil and enough water knead into a smooth dough.
- Keep it aside for an hour or two.
- Divide the gram daal mixture into ping pong sized balls and the flour dough into slightly smaller balls and roll them out a little.
- Place the gram daal ball in the centre of the rolled flour dough and close it to cover the filling completely.
- Roll out into a chapati and bake on a non stick tawa till done on both sides, adding a little ghee around.
- Fry till done.
- Serve hot with pure ghee.